Central banks do not always publish the reasons for their reserve management decisions - and when reasons are publicly announced they are unlikely fully to reflect the long deliberations that develop policy. Nevertheless based both on information in the public domain, and on the regular discussions executives of the World Gold Council have with central banks, it is possible to deduce six reasons underlying the evolution in central bank attitudes which have led to this shift in outcomes.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders