GRC systems remain scarce among central banks

Minority of central banks project adoption this year, others aim to upgrade

Governance, risk and compliance (GRC) processes remain uncommon among central banks, the Risk Management Benchmarks 2024 find. 

Data from 33 participating institutions shows that only 12 (36.4%) central banks use the tool for risk management. The remainder of 21 (63.6%) do not. The divide is similar to findings from the 2022 and 2023 benchmarks.

GRC systems give central banks information to identify weak points and to mitigate risks. The system provides a structured way to put an institution’s

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact or view our subscription options here:

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to Central Banking? View our subscription options

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Central Banking account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account