The German finance minister Wolfgang Schäuble was today condemned by Guy Verhofstadt, leader of the Liberal block in the European Parliament, for "incoherent and irresponsible statements" made in Dublin at the weekend suggesting European banking union could not go ahead without treaty changes in the European Union.
Following a meeting in Dublin on Friday, a statement from Ecofin, the European Union's finance and economics ministers, says they "reaffirm their commitment to the urgent completion o
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot