The Central Bank of the Bahamas will explore innovations that will allow depositors holding its planned digital currency to invest in government securities, governor John Rolle said in a speech on March 18.
Rolle’s remarks were part of a wider discussion on the central bank’s payment system modernisation initiative, sharing further information on the central bank digital currency pilot and other payment system reforms in the pipeline.
The CBDC pilot is scheduled to be introduced in the remote
- Central banks face loss of independence – Central Banking survey
- Germany issues first ever zero coupon 30-year bond
- Summers and Stansbury warn of ‘black hole’ as central bankers debate solutions
- Mark Carney on joined-up policy-making, forward guidance and Brexit
- Overcoming deflation: Japan’s experience and challenges ahead