The Venezuelan regime led by Nicolás Maduro is continuing to remove gold from the central bank, according to local media.
The government allegedly withdrew eight tonnes of gold from the central bank’s vault during the first week of April, the news agency Reuters said. The agency reported the government had already removed eight tonnes in late February.
A member of the government told Reuters that gold reserves have fallen by 30 tonnes in 2019. According to official data, the Central Bank of
- A dangerous moment for the Reserve Bank of India
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy