Diversification is a growing trend among central bank reserve managers, although the motivation is not a pursuit of yield, but rather that the assets they had previously relied upon as risk-free had, in the crisis years, become risky, according to Matthew Salter, a former reserve manager at the Bank of Israel, speaking during a Central Banking On Air debate today.
That new reality opens the door for more creative investing, but the realities of life at a central bank mean discussion of new inves
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde