New payments technology is rapidly reducing the demand for cash in Sweden, the country’s payment patterns survey 2018 shows.
The percentage of Swedes who say they have used cash over the previous month has declined to slightly over 60% in 2018, down from 83% in 2014, the survey finds. Meanwhile, users of digital and immediate person-to-person and person-to-business payments provider Swish has expanded to more than 62% from below 10% in the same period.
This transformation will make the payment
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner