Bank Indonesia is to strengthen the Indonesian rupiah reserve requirement average mechanism to include a broader range of instruments and banks.
In a speech on November 28, governor Agus Martowardojo announced that the refinements to the mechanism include extending it to foreign currency reserve requirements and to Islamic banks. BI will also adjust the reserve requirement ratio and extend the fulfilment period.
The averaging mechanism was introduced in July 1 this year to enhance the ability
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?