Bank Indonesia is to strengthen the Indonesian rupiah reserve requirement average mechanism to include a broader range of instruments and banks.
In a speech on November 28, governor Agus Martowardojo announced that the refinements to the mechanism include extending it to foreign currency reserve requirements and to Islamic banks. BI will also adjust the reserve requirement ratio and extend the fulfilment period.
The averaging mechanism was introduced in July 1 this year to enhance the ability
- Central banks face loss of independence – Central Banking survey
- Summers and Stansbury warn of ‘black hole’ as central bankers debate solutions
- Germany issues first ever zero coupon 30-year bond
- Overcoming deflation: Japan’s experience and challenges ahead
- Mark Carney on joined-up policy-making, forward guidance and Brexit