The governor of the South African Reserve Bank (Sarb) has rejected the public protector’s response following her decision to challenge the central bank’s mandate.
In a document sent to the high court, Lesetja Kganyago said Busisiwe Mkhwebane’s response to the central bank exposed her “own lack of competency”.
“It is not good enough for the public protector to now concede the merits and say that she consents to her remedial action being set aside when her explanation for her conduct, instead of
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production