The monetary policy committee of the Central Bank of Egypt has kept rates unchanged, although inflation fell sharply in June.
The overnight deposit rate remains at 15.75%, and the overnight lending rate at 16.75%.
Inflation in the Arab economy fell sharply last month. Annual headline inflation declined to 9.2% in June from 14.1% in May, and core inflation fell to 6.4% from 7.8% over the same period. “This decline was strongly supported by favourable base effects, resulting from the direct and
- Central banks face loss of independence – Central Banking survey
- Germany issues first ever zero coupon 30-year bond
- Summers and Stansbury warn of ‘black hole’ as central bankers debate solutions
- Overcoming deflation: Japan’s experience and challenges ahead
- Mark Carney on joined-up policy-making, forward guidance and Brexit