Recent announcements from the Mexican government and fears over the impact the new administration could have on the economy have sent the peso spiralling, the Bank of Mexico says.
In a statement announcing its latest monetary policy decision, the Bank of Mexico’s governing board said the peso had depreciated “significantly” on the cancellation of plans to build the New Mexico City International Airport.
Markets also have “concerns regarding both the incoming administration’s policies and some
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner