Members of the European Central Bank’s governing council expressed confidence in the strength of the economic recovery under way across the continent in their last monetary policy meeting on December 13–14, 2017, the minutes published by the central bank show.
“Recent indicators pointed to a continued robust and increasingly self-sustaining economic expansion,” say the minutes. “Quarter-on-quarter real GDP growth had been 0.6% in the third quarter of 2017, further extending an already protracte
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure