A Federal Reserve paper proposes a new method for estimating short-run values of the long-run equilibrium interest rate, using the 10-year Treasury yield.
Author John Roberts, a Fed adviser, focuses on long-term interest rates, in contrast to many other models, which build their estimates around short-term interest rates.
“While monetary policy-makers traditionally use short-term interest rates as their policy instrument, in the wake of the financial crisis, policy-makers were constrained by l
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief