Members of the US Federal Open Market Committee expect rising inflation and stronger economic growth, according to the minutes of their last meeting, held on March 20 and 21. But FOMC members are “uncertain” about the effects of the Trump administration’s fiscal policy.
“All participants agreed that the outlook for the economy beyond the current quarter had strengthened in recent months,” according to the minutes, published on April 11. In addition, “all participants expected inflation on a 12-
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research