A member of the Bank of England's monetary policy committee (MPC) voted for a rate hike at the first meeting to be held under a new format, the central bank revealed today (August 6).
The BoE published its rate decision alongside a small mountain of supporting documents on what is known as 'Super Thursday' for its large release of economic information.
To help journalists cope with the deluge of information, the BoE now provides an initial off-record briefing before the main press conference, de
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency