The Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) is set to start regularly surveying stakeholders on the bank's communications strategy, as part of a new drive to improve transparency at what is already one of the world's most transparent central banks.
Central bank communication has been "challenged enormously" by unconventional policies, new regulations and the greater role of social media in the wake of the financial crisis, RBNZ deputy governor Geoff Bascand said today in Auckland, warning that messag
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot