International: David Malpass is set to become the World Bank’s next president, after the organisation announced that there had been no other nominees for the role.
Malpass, the undersecretary for international affairs at the US Treasury, was nominated by the administration of US president Donald Trump in February.
His final hurdle will be an interview with the World Bank’s external directors that will take place in the “coming days”, the organisation said in a statement issued on March 14.
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- A dangerous moment for the Reserve Bank of India
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy