The man named as Brazil’s next economy minister has said there will be a new central bank governor in January and Ilan Goldfajn will not continue in the role.
Right-wing president-elect Jair Bolsonaro has selected the economist and banker Paulo Guedes to serve as economy minister when his administration enters office in January 2019. Guedes, in turn, said that when he entered government he would nominate Roberto Campos Neto to serve as the Central Bank of Brazil’s governor.
Campos Neto will
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner