Sri Lanka: The Central Bank of Sri Lanka’s monetary board has promoted assistant governors Sajith Attygalle and H A Karunaratne to deputy governors, effective from October 31.
On the same day, Attygalle was also promoted from his position as deputy secretary to the Treasury, to serve as secretary to the Treasury. He gains an ex officio position on the monetary board.
Attygalle has worked at the Central Bank of Sri Lanka for more than 27 years, taking several positions in the economic research
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously