US: The board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco appointed Sylvain Leduc executive vice-president and director of economic research on October 1.
Leduc succeeds Mary Daly, who was promoted to be the bank’s new president on September 14.
Before taking on this role, Leduc was deputy governor of the Bank of Canada from May 2016 to July 2018. He returned the Fed branch in August 2018 for a brief spell as associate director of research.
Earlier in his career, Leduc was a
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group