Mexico: President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has appointed economist Jonathan Heath to sit on the board of the Bank of Mexico.
Heath, a Mexican national, is the former chief economist for Latin America at HSBC. Earlier in his career he held several positions at economic consulting companies, specialising in Latin American macroeconomics.
He holds a doctorate in economics from the University of Pennsylvania and has taught at various universities across Latin America.
In recent blog posts,
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- BoE paper outlines DSGE model of financial and real frictions
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018