Mexico: President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has appointed economist Jonathan Heath to sit on the board of the Bank of Mexico.
Heath, a Mexican national, is the former chief economist for Latin America at HSBC. Earlier in his career he held several positions at economic consulting companies, specialising in Latin American macroeconomics.
He holds a doctorate in economics from the University of Pennsylvania and has taught at various universities across Latin America.
In recent blog posts, Hea
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says