China: Liu Guoqiang, assistant governor at the People’s Bank of China, has been promoted to the role of vice-governor.
A statement from the government confirmed Liu’s appointment. Reportedly, Zhu Hexin, deputy governor of Sichuan province, will be appointed to the remaining vice-governor role.
Liu joined the PBoC in 2016, prior to which he worked at the Communist party’s general office. For 14 years, he led the ruling party’s Group for Financial and Economic Affairs.
Singapore: In conjunction
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management