BIS: The board of directors of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) reappointed Jens Weidmann as its chair, the body announced on May 8.
Weidmann’s second term will start on November 1, 2018, when his current term, initiated in November 2015, will expire. The board thanked him for “his valuable contributions” and welcomed his continuation in the institution.
The board meets at least six times a year to determine the strategic and policy direction of the BIS and supervise its management
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms