US president Donald Trump has named Richard Clarida and Michelle Bowman as his choices to fill senior positions at the Federal Reserve Board.
Trump nominated monetary economist Clarida to fill the position of vice-chair, which was left vacant by the departure of Stanley Fischer in October 2017. Bowman was nominated to the board position reserved for community banking specialists.
As well as his position as professor of economics at Columbia University, Clarida has been an adviser to Pimco sinc
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research