US president Donald Trump has named Richard Clarida and Michelle Bowman as his choices to fill senior positions at the Federal Reserve Board.
Trump nominated monetary economist Clarida to fill the position of vice-chair, which was left vacant by the departure of Stanley Fischer in October 2017. Bowman was nominated to the board position reserved for community banking specialists.
As well as his position as professor of economics at Columbia University, Clarida has been an adviser to Pimco sinc
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde