China: Guo Shuqing was officially named chairman of the newly formed China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission on April 4.
This is the last of three new high-profile positions Guo will occupy, as he was appointed Communist party secretary and deputy governor of the People’s Bank of China earlier this year.
China announced it was merging its banking and insurance regulators in March 2018 as part of a move to streamline and tighten oversight of the financial system.
Some of the banking
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde