Basel: The governor of the Central Reserve Bank of Peru has been appointed chair of the Consultative Council for the Americas at the Bank for International Settlements.
Julio Velarde took over from Canada’s Stephen Poloz on January 9, and will lead the council for a period of two years.
“The BIS Board expressed its gratitude to Mr Poloz for his leadership during his time as chair,” a statement from the BIS said.
Velarde, a career central banker, joined Peru’s central bank in 1982. Rising thro
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations