Fiji: The Reserve Bank of Fiji has appointed Esala Masitabua deputy governor. His tenure will begin on January 1, 2018.
Masitabua joined the central bank in 1997, where he acquired extensive managerial experience. Between 2005 and 2010, he was the chief manager of the currency department. In 2010, he became the chief manager of financial institutions, and assumed his current role as chief manager of financial markets in 2013.
During this time, he has represented the Reserve Bank of Fiji in nat
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says