Mark Carney is set to chair two additional committees on top of his already sizeable roster of positions, the Bank for International Settlements revealed today (September 11).
The Bank of England governor will preside over the BIS’s Global Economy Meeting and the narrower Economic Consultative Committee. He replaces Bank of Mexico governor Agustín Carstens, who is stepping down in December to become BIS general manager. In his new role, Carstens will retain a seat on the ECC.
The GEM comprises
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research