Sebastian Mallaby, The Man Who Knew: The Life & Times of Alan Greenspan, Bloomsbury, 2016, 800 pages
Alan Greenspan was widely lauded when he left the US Federal Reserve in 2006, after almost 19 years as chairman. That was just before the first stresses that would develop into the financial crisis of 2008–09 became apparent.
With the benefit of perspective and distance from the global financial crisis and its aftermath, Sebastian Mallaby has produced an excellent and well-written account of Gr
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations