New York: Michael Strine will take over as first vice president at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, after his appointment was approved by the Fed's board of governors last week.
He has served as executive vice president for the past two years, and will now succeed Christine Cumming as second ranking officer at the New York Fed. Before joining the institution he served as chief operating officer at the University of Virginia.
"Michael has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to enhancing th
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank