India: As part of the "reorganisation exercise" underway at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the central bank has appointed three new executive directors: Michael Patra, KK Vohra and G Mahalingam.
It has also reallocated the (now 11) executive directors' portfolios. Patra will be responsible for three high-profile departments: communication, economic and policy research and monetary policy.
Vohra will be responsible for, among others, the departments for corporate services and human resource man
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot