Belgium: Mathias Dewatripont has been appointed vice-governor of the National Bank of Belgium (NBB), replacing Françoise Masai who left the bank on Friday after 43 years' service.
Dewatripont has been at the NBB as a director since 2011, and is Belgium's representative on the European Central Bank's supervisory board, which manages the single supervisory mechanism. He is a member of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS), the Financial Stability Board regional consultative group for E
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says