Norway: Norges Bank has promoted Jon Nicolaisen, currently executive director of the bank's general secretariat, to deputy governor for a term of six years, starting on April 1.
Nicolaisen previously also served as executive director of Norges Bank Monetary Policy. He joined the staff of Norges Bank in 1995. He has a graduate degree in economics from the University of Oslo and has also held posts at Norway's Ministry of Finance, the OECD and the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ).
India: KC Chak
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS