Slovakia: The Slovakian government has appointed Vladimír Dvořáček, the National Bank of Slovakia's (NBS) executive director for financial markets, to the central bank's five-man board – apparently for a five-year term.
The board, which until now was one member short, is the main governing body of the central bank – determining procedural principles for the NBS's implementation of European monetary policy, and principles of conduct and the organisation of supervision of the financial market and
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB