Maldives: Ibthishama Ahmed Saeed, a local bank executive, has been nominated as the next governor of the MMA by president Abdulla Yameen Abdul Gayoom after its former head, Fazeel Najeeb, resigned on December 31.
Saeed holds a bachelor's degree in Commerce from India's Kerala University and a Master's degree in Marketing and Communications from Westminster University in London. Her appointment follows promises by the president during the last election campaign to expand opportunities for women t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations