The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) today appointed Claudio Borio to succeed the departing Stephen Cecchetti as head of monetary and economic department, with Hyun Song Shin named as economic adviser and head of research.
In their new roles, Borio and Shin will be members of the BIS' executive committee, contributing to the general management of the BIS. Both appointments are for a five-year term. Borio's appointment will become effective on November 18, 2013, and Shin's on May 1, 2014.
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency