Venezuela: Former trade minister Edmée Betancourt is set to replace Nelson Merentes as the governor of the Central Bank of Venezuela, after winning the nomination of president Nicolas Maduro.
Betancourt, who trained as an industrial engineer at the University of Carabobo, needs to be approved by parliament before she can take up the post. Her predecessor was last week appointed as finance minister in the Maduro government.
Lithuania: Marius Jurgilas, an economist at Norway's Norges Bank, is set
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms