CentralBanking.com (CB): Congratulations on your appointment. Can you tell me about the selection process you went through?
Vitas Vasiliauskas (VV):The selection process is explicitly prescribed by law. So it is absolutely clear and transparent and, therefore, easy to explain. First of all, as required by law, the candidate is nominated by the president. The next stage is approval in the Parliament. It consists of first, the presentation of the candidate in the plenary, followed by the questions
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market