You were named acting governor in May 2017, but Ukraine’s parliament, the Rada, only appointed you to the permanent role in March 2018. Why was there a delay?
Some bureaucratic procedures related to Ukrainian legislation needed to be met before the previous governor could step down and the next governor could be appointed. These procedures not only need to be followed by the parliament, but also by the president when submitting the candidates. So, the necessary steps took some time.
Was this a
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed