Nigeria’s central bank has funded the construction of a post-graduate economics centre at one of the country’s universities, it announced.
The post-graduate “centre of excellence” at the University of Nigeria’s Enugu campus was opened recently by Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) did not announce how much it had spent on building the centre. It also did not say whether it would fund the programme in future. Buhari urged it to carry on supporting the centre
- Central banks face loss of independence – Central Banking survey
- Germany issues first ever zero coupon 30-year bond
- Summers and Stansbury warn of ‘black hole’ as central bankers debate solutions
- Overcoming deflation: Japan’s experience and challenges ahead
- Mark Carney on joined-up policy-making, forward guidance and Brexit