The governor of the Central Bank of Cyprus said she halted an investigation into loans made to politicians when police raided her office in 2015.
The CBC had started investigating loans made by commercial banks to “politically exposed persons”, Chrystalla Georghadji told members of parliament in a public hearing on December 3. But in March 2015, someone leaked details of loans made by the Bank of Cyprus to MPs, the Cyprus Mail reported her saying to lawmakers.
The leaked data showed that 19
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government