The US has imposed sanctions on Iranian central bank governor Valiollah Seif and another senior central bank official, accusing them of facilitating fund transfers to militant groups.
On May 15, the US Treasury accused Seif and Ali Tarzali, assistant director of the international department, of facilitating millions of dollars in transfers from Iran’s Revolutionary Guards to Hezbollah, a Lebanese militant group and political party designated as terrorists by the US administration.
“Seif has co
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms