China’s ruling Communist party will merge two of the country’s financial regulators into a new organisation, while expanding the central bank’s regulatory remit, the country’s official news agency, Xinhua, announced on March 13.
The China Banking Regulatory Commission and China Insurance Regulatory Commission will be merged into a new banking and insurance regulatory commission. Certain functions of this new regulator, including drafting key regulations and prudential supervision, will be shi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde