Greece’s central bank confirmed that its governor has been cleared of an accusation of wrongdoing, after he attacked what he said was a politically motivated disinformation campaign against him.
A parliamentary audit committee confirmed that governor Yannis Stournaras’s statements regarding his holiday home on his asset disclosure form were accurate, the Bank of Greece said in a statement to Central Banking. “We are determined not to allow political interference in the banking system and to enf
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says