The directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond have appointed a senior executive at management consultancy McKinsey to serve as its next president and chief executive.
Tom Barkin will take up the role with effect from January 1, 2018, said the Richmond Fed. Margaret Lewis, chair of the Richmond Fed’s board of directors, said the institution was “fortunate to have found an extremely well-qualified individual to serve the Federal Reserve’s Fifth District and the American people”.
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- RBI under pressure from alleged banking fraud scandal
- Polish central bank uses YouTube comedy to warn of digital currency dangers
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security