The directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond have appointed a senior executive at management consultancy McKinsey to serve as its next president and chief executive.
Tom Barkin will take up the role with effect from January 1, 2018, said the Richmond Fed. Margaret Lewis, chair of the Richmond Fed’s board of directors, said the institution was “fortunate to have found an extremely well-qualified individual to serve the Federal Reserve’s Fifth District and the American people”.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency