Bulgaria: Tsvetan Gounev, deputy governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB), was dismissed by the national parliament last week.
In charge of banking supervision, Gounev was dismissed over the failure of Corporate Commercial Bank (CCB) and, according to a BNB spokesperson, has "already left the central bank".
CCB, the fourth largest bank in the country, was placed in conservatorship following a damaging run on its deposits. Gounev had taken a leave of absence from June, pending the outcome of
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market