Former finance minister José Pedro de Morais will take over as governor of the National Bank of Angola, replacing José de Lima Massano after his surprise resignation this week.
According to the Angolan government website, Massano, who was made governor of the central bank in October 2010, asked to leave, and his resignation was accepted by the Angolan president, José Eduardo dos Santos.
Massano's term had nine months left to run and no reason was offered for his early departure from the central
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security