Stephen Bell and Hui Feng, The Rise of the People’s Bank of China: The Politics of Institutional Change, Harvard, 2013, 376 pages
I first visited the People’s Bank of China (PBoC) in 1993, at a key stage in China’s reform process, which was overseen at the time by Zhu Rongji as economic czar (he was later prime minister). In my report, ‘The view from the People’s Bank of China’, Central Banking, Volume IV, No 3, 1993, I described the sweeping reforms being implemented by the central bank against
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows