The Budapest police today confirmed they have initiated a procedure "against an unknown person" on suspicion of "malfeasance in office and other crimes" related to the recent report by the State Audit Office (SAO) that accused the National Bank of Hungary of illegal activities.
The Department Against Corruption and Economic Crimes of the Budapest police said it could not provide any further information in relation to the case. Yesterday, the SAO denied having pressed charges against the central
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research