The South African Reserve Bank has launched a review of the National Payment System (NPS) Act to ensure its role as a regulator is fully clarified.
“The NPS Act has become outdated and does not provide an adequate framework for the effective regulation of the NPS,” the central bank said in a statement.
“It is therefore crucial that payment systems are adequately regulated to ensure their continued safety and efficiency.”
The review, published in conjunction with South Africa’s finance
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government